"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dog Days Of Summer 2013 - Smokin'!!

Where did summer go???!!!

A few days into our holiday and the sky darkened with thick smoke from wildfires that are miles away in Yosemite. I don't even know where that is but the smoke is so bad here in Tahoe that I can smell it everywhere - indoors and out. Even mummy and daddy, whose noses are nowhere nearly as sophisticated as mine, have been complaining about the smell!
This picture shows you how smokey it was as this is in the middle of a summer day. It looks like it is dusk or about to rain. 

Nonetheless, Daddy still wanted to go swimming at the lake each morning. The smoke made it difficult to breath and I was so worried that we might not see if daddy got into trouble while he was swimming that I swam out to keep an eye on him. 
Mind you, Daddy likes to swim a long way, back and forth, from shore to shore. I find that a little boring especially as he doesn't even bring a stick or tennis ball along for fun! In the end, I got so bored. He seemed to be doing fine on his own ... so I left him to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!