"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Friday, August 16, 2013

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Tahitian vanilla bean gelato. 

I have no idea what that all means but I do know that I like it A LOT! Unfortunately, daddy likes it A LOT too..... He has an advantage over me because he knows how to open the freezer drawer. Mummy doesn't buy gelato often. She says daddy and I have no "Will Power". I have no idea who he is but I am really glad we don't have him as that would mean having to share, and daddy and I don't do that very well. In fact, I have had to perfect the art of silent persuasion in order to get some gelato. Here's my technique:

Step 1
Start with 'sit'. It's a 'good boy' behaviour and shows that I am patient. it also looks nonchalant, as if I am not really begging at all!
Step 2
When 'sit' fails, stand up and draw closer. I make it a little more obvious that I am there and that maybe I would like some gelato too. Sometimes daddy teases me with the gelato and that is just plain mean, so I move on to Step 3.
Step 3
Extreme close-up 'sit'. This move is hard to ignore. I get really close so that I can almost touch the pot with my nose. I stare directly at daddy and do not blink. Ever.
Step 4
Success! It only ever takes three steps before my cuteness is overwhelming and daddy offers me what is left in the gelato pot. I have to lie down to get into the best position to lick every last bit of gelato, even if the pot is only just large enough for my nose. 

And that's pretty much how I get everything that I want. Cuteness and persistence. 
It's the Tao of Dog.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!