"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve 2013

It is hard to believe that we are at the end of another year. As my memo's tell, it has been fun-packed!
We decided to celebrate New Year's Eve a little differently this year. We never make it to midnight anyway, so instead of welcoming in the new year, we said farewell to the old one. Down at the beach, daddy made a fire and we all sat around reminiscing. Everyone else had bubbles to toast the old year - I found a few bits of wood to chew on (until I got told off).
Mummy was concerned that I might wag my tail too close to the fire so we sat together and cuddled next to the flames. That way she could keep me out of harms way. 
Slowly the light faded and the glow of the flames lit us all up. It started to get a little chilly so I settled in closer to the fire as we watched the last rays of light from the old year disappear. 
Once the sun had set, we all headed back to the house for a wonderful dinner. Even I was allowed to have some steak. That's a great way to start the new year! Dinner lasted quite a while and there was a lot of laughing and talking. Finally everyone joined me in the lounge for some relaxation. 
It wasn't long before everyone fell asleep - including me! And guess what? We never did make it to midnight!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!