"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Monday, December 30, 2013

Pet Friendly? Everyone Friendly!

Boy am I having a lot of fun!!!! This morning we all walked the entire length of Carmel beach and went into town for lunch...including me!!! This beach is the best beach ever. There are dogs running all over the place, chasing tennis balls and frisbees, and frolicking in the sea. The humans are running all over the beach too, chasing footballs and surfing in the sea. Just like us dogs!! 

Forget pet friendly - this place is everyone friendly!
Mummy and I played a great game all along the beach. She would throw the ball to me and then we would stare each other down to see who would run to try and get the ball first.
Sometimes mummy would cheat and throw two balls to confuse me. At least that gave her a better chance of getting at least one of them!
Playing at the beach is one of my favourite things. I love chasing the tennis balls across the wet sand and into the sea.
There's nothing quite like scampering through the salt water when it's hot and sunny....and it is hot and sunny! It's hard to believe that it's December and we are about to celebrate New Years Eve. This place really is a slice of heaven!
I love to pretend that the tennis ball is trying to get away from me. I have to pounce on it before it runs away! I never get tired of this game. Sometimes I get so excited about it that I start digging the sand all around the tennis ball until the ball is completely buried.
Then I will pretend that I don't know where the ball is. I'll look this way...
...and that....
Where is that ball, I wonder?! I'll sit and look innocent, wondering where it is. Sometimes I really do lose the ball because the waves break over where I was digging and I lose the scent. 
But magically, new tennis balls appear all the time on Carmel Beach!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!