"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My new friend Slick!

The cutest thing happened today at the ranch. I played with a baby calf named "Slick" and we became friends!

Slick has been hand fed since birth. His mummy died giving birth, so Brian and Collette (the owners of the ranch where I go to play with my dog walker Leigh) decided to raise him. They just put him out with the rest of the other cows a few weeks ago - he's been in a turn-out by himself until then. He's having a hard time adjusting since he was raised by humans. He follows Collette around like a lost puppy, and whenever he sees women at the ranch he starts to moo and wants them to come and get him.

Anyway, I was off leash running around the ranch on the cow side and Slick saw Leigh and I, and started mooing and heading for us. As soon as he saw me, he started running and kicking and wanted to play with me. He's really playful...I freaked at first and charged at him but after that I was OK with him. We were really cute together, sniffing each other and walking around together.

I'll let you know how this new friendship progresses, although to be honest, I am much more interested in fetching sticks in the lake.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!