"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Milo's Going on a Summer Holiday!

It has been a while since I sent a memo and the reason is that I have been so busy this summer.

 

Mummy and Daddy have been busy with something called the “global economic recession”… people are being forced out of their kennels and have to buy a smaller place to live. I am glad I already have a kennel and a big dog bed because if I had to have a smaller one I would have trouble fitting on it at night, especially as I like to stretch out and make myself really long when I sleep. Apparently people also have to make do with less. So in order to do my part, I am playing with toys like this one, which should really be thrown away as I have chewed them a lot.

To save money in the ‘”global economic recession”, mummy, daddy and I spent our summer holidays in Tahoe. Personally I think this was better than “going away” because that means going to camp without mummy and daddy, and there are no lakes and mountains at camp.

 

I spent a lot of my holiday in the lake, fetching tennis balls…













Mummy made strange squeaks when I got out of the lake and shook myself to dry off!


 

 




When I wasn’t chasing tennis balls, I took mummy and daddy hiking. Here are mummy and me at the top of one of the mountains after a long, steep climb up. It was very windy up there. Mummy kept losing her hat and I kept getting wind in my jowls…very strange….













Most of the hikes were fairly sedate by my standards, as you can see from this picture…


 


Daddy and I spent a lot of time swimming in the alpine lakes that we hiked to. It was lovely to jump into the clear blue water after a long walk in the hot sun.


 






I tried to teach daddy how to fetch sticks but his mouth is not designed like mine so he had trouble with the technique.




Daddy did teach me a great new trick though. He jumped into the water from a “rope swing” and I dived in afterwards to rescue him. We did it over and over and over again – it was so much fun!






Here I am diving in after daddy… 





Here I am swimming out to rescue him… Daddy is always very encouraging, calling out to me and telling me what a good boy I am. Sometimes he would swim towards me…









Then he would swim around in the lake with me and I would lead him back to the shore.


 

Daddy also took me in a “canoe”












Daddy gave me an oar of my own, although he was much better at paddling than I was. I would prefer to be IN the water than on it…




At the end of every day of the holiday, daddy and I would spend quality time just hanging out on the sofa with one of my favourite toys.
 

 
All the adventures of each day left me completely tuckered out and I spent a lot of time sleeping and dreaming of all the fun things we would do the next day on our holiday….

Sweet Dreams!
Milo
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!