"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mud Glorious Mud!

Mud baths have existed for thousands of years and can be found in high-end spas all over the world.

The most proven reason to take a mud bath is that it's relaxing. Being cocooned and buoyed up in a warm, soft mixture of mud and water simply sucks the stress out. A mud bath is claimed to improve the complexion, relieve joint and muscle pain and remove toxins from the body.

From experience, I can tell you that all of this is true! 
Mud is indeed glorious and I love it!

With all of these benefits, there's no reason to wait for your next spa visit. Even if you can't afford a trip to the spa, you can still pamper yourself -- there are many ways to re-create the spa experience simply by heading to San Francisco Bay. Like I do....
 
Having immersed yourself in the healing waters, it is time to cover your entire body in mud. There is a technique to this application that ensures maximum and even coverage. 

First you roll and rub your face and body one way....
Then you roll and rub your face and body the other way.....
Then you get out of the water and bask in the sun, allowing the mud mask to dry. This lifts out the toxins, which can then be washed away when mummy and daddy discover what you've done and rush you to the dog wash for a proper bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!