"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pup-arazzi!

Step aside Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber - there's a new top dog in town!!

Having donated to The Milo Foundation, mummy and daddy were entered in a raffle to win a photo shoot for their pet (me!) and guess what? 

They won!!! 

So now I join the ranks of other highly paid super models like Tyra Banks, Gisele Bundchen and Naomi Campbell. Only I get paid in kibble (or maybe they do too...?).

The photographer, Mark Rogers, was great. You can check out his work at http://markrogersphotography.com/ He really knows how to get the best out of a model. He knows all the tricks. Lighting, location, lenses, apertures and of course, the critical accessories: tennis balls and treats!

Now there are important rules to follow when going on a shoot. 

1. The most important is not to show up to a photo shoot unless you are clean, have a clean face, and clean fur. Mummy and daddy gave me a bath beforehand so my coat was super shiny. I was also appropriately accessorized with my fancy leather Paco collar. 

Now it's important to turn up looking your best because modeling is a dog-eat-dog world and first impressions last. Well actually they don't. Pretty soon after I began working it, I was covered in grass, dirt and slobber.

2. Do not play it safe and stay in the same pose. Mix it up with innovative poses. Your wildest pose could be the one that’s picked. Photographer Mark, mummy and daddy really took this top tip to heart. They had me running all over the place, leaping after tennis balls. Over and over again so that Mark could capture my best action shots!

3. Do not stare aimlessly when posing. Create intensity for the camera through your eyes. Smize (smile with your eyes)! This is easy for me. There's a reason my nickname is SMILO!

4. Do not be a limp noodle. Always pose with tension in your body completely from head to toe. No slouching on the runway, even if it is made of grass!

5. Absolutely do not be forgettable. Make an impression by showing your distinctive personality. This of course, was the easiest rule for me. I am always sassy and memorable!

In 2-3 weeks, Mark and I will meet to review the proofs and discuss the best one to display at my local Pet Food Express store in Mill Valley. 

I doubt my proofs will need retouching. You can't improve on canine perfection.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!