"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Swimmer's Tail

Oh dear!  Look at my silly droopy tail. 
I can't even sit down properly because the kink stays in my tail and won't lie flat on the floor!! Whatever happened to me??!

Well it all started when Mummy and daddy took  me to Chug's house for 'Independence Day'. I love going to see my friend's Bryan and Tonya. They are Chug's human parents. Sadly Chug went to Doggy Heaven but luckily I still get to go to his house to play. 

My regular followers will know that I love Chug's house because it is right on the water. Whenever I go there, I run in and out of the water the whole time and only stop to pee on Chug's parents garden because I swallow so much water when swimming to fetch tennis balls.

Independence Day seems to be a day when I do a lot of things on my own because humans sit around, eat BBQ food and drink wine and margaritas. That is all fine for them but it means that they don't spend as much time throwing tennis balls into the water for me to fetch. I spent most of the afternoon swimming around in the cool bay water. Eventually daddy decided that he was so hot from sitting in the sun that he had to jump in the water and join me to cool off.
We swam for hours - it was great!! After we finished swimming, daddy hosed me down with fresh water so that I was soft and fuzzy. I noticed that my tail was sore and had already developed that annoying kink. Can you believe that all that aquatic fun gave me "Swimmer's Tail"?? I kid you not! Apparently it is very common for dogs like me, who love to swim, to over do it and sprain their tails. 
That all said, I am not sure if it was all the swimming with daddy...
 ...or from giving daddy a tow.........!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!