"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Holidays - Camping Practice

We had a super night camping out in the wilderness with the raccoons and bears. This is the first time that I have been camping and it was a practice run to see if I liked it. And I do!! I was really well behaved – mummy and daddy didn't need to tie me up as I stayed close to them and the tent the whole time. 

I slept in the tent with them and didn't bark once. I spooned mummy all night and took up half her camping mattress so she had to sleep on the ground! This was despite the fact that I had my own little sleeping bag with a blanket to cover me. It was pretty cold last night - the temperature has been dropping to 4 degrees at night up in the Sierras. After all, we were at 6,000'!

I woke up very early this morning and made sure the campsite was still in order for mummy and daddy. 
It was only 7 degrees when we had breakfast this morning. I had kibble and steak, followed by sausages and baked beans. Yum!!
After my one night's camping, we all went back to the cabin for a good nights sleep (especially mummy!). If the weather permits, we might head out again to another location so in the meantime, I am getting in as much sleep as possible in preparation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!