"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Am Three!

Today is my birthday and I am three years old. I can’t believe how quickly I am growing up – I feel like I am already in my twenties!

It is a beautiful sunny day although it is very cold. To celebrate my birthday, mummy, daddy and I went for a long hike around the Marin Headlands. 

As it is Christmas, and it’s my birthday, I was allowed to wear my Christmas ruff to show everyone that it is my special day!
On the way, daddy found a big stick for me to play with. I love chewing sticks and this one was a particularly good one!  

For a change, daddy let mummy take some photos. Here's Daddy and I posing at the top of the Marin Headlands.


Half way through our walk we stopped to look at the old gun batteries at an old World War II site called Fort Cronkhite. I have no idea what gun batteries are but I suspect that quite a few of my two-legged friends have been there as I could smell their marks all over the place. Here’s mummy and I peeking in to one that daddy was exploring – don’t worry. He didn’t leave any marks.
 
Further along on our hike we came across a super picnic spot.

Our hike was very long but it was worth it as we went really high and could look down on the San Francisco coast. I think that this is what it must be like to fly like a bird – a beautiful bird, that is. Not those nasty crows that I bark at outside the house….



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!