"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
~Andrew A. Rooney

About Me

My photo
I'm a dog. Dog is good! I was born in 2007 on the day after Christmas, which makes me a late present... I live in Marin, California with my human daddy, Dan and human mummy, Angela. They wanted to adopt a rescue puppy and although they were pre-approved, the organization declined them at the last minute because they work (while also telling them that dogs are expensive to keep). Mummy and daddy were very sad but it all turned out for the best - we all got to rescue each other and they get to spend their hard earned money on me! I'm a lovable chap and enjoy swimming, snow, tennis balls, cuddling and having my tummy rubbed. Not necessarily in that order.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's a Dog's Life

For the first half of the year, Mummy and daddy were cycling home from work 2-3 times a week. Then they would collect me from home and we would all go for a walk on Mt. Tam. I am always so pleased to see them. I wiggle about in little circles doing the Milo Mambo, jump up and down, and then run and get a toy for us to play with!

I often get asked what I do all day when mummy and daddy are at work. Well let me assure you my two-legged friends, I have a very busy schedule hanging out with all my friends! It tires out all four of my legs!!
In the morning, Leigh picks me and my friends up and takes us for a fun romp around Marin. We love playing chase in the marshes, especially when it has been raining and there are fresh lakes of water to run around in. My morning gang includes lots of chocolate coloured dogs like myself.











One of my best friends from the morning crowd is a Bassett hound called Murphy.


Leigh drops me off at home and I have just enough time for a recovery snooze before Hillary comes to pick me up for my afternoon walk around Mt. Tam. Hillary usually brings my friend Obi. Here’s a picture of us up on Ring Mountain. 

All those walks and fresh air are very tiring you know. It’s a good job I can get a ride home! I then get just about enough time for a second recovery snooze before mummy and daddy come home and want to play. They seem to think I have done nothing all day but wait around for them to come home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a bone to pick with me? Throw it over!